Pullen Amusement Center
A main attraction of Pullen Park is the Amusement Center. Adored by generations of Raleigh's citizens, Pullen Park is the fifth oldest operating amusement park in the United States and the sixteenth oldest in the world.
- Gustave A. Dentzel Carousel (1911), which is listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
- C.P. Huntington miniature train, a one-third size, near-replica of the famous locomotive of the same name.
- Kiddie boats
- Lake Howell, offering pedal boat rentals
- TVLand "Andy & Opie" statue
- Children's amphitheatre
- Picnic shelters available for rent
- Welcome Center where you may purchase ride tickets, make shelter reservations, or purchase souvenirs
- Pullen Place Cafe serving fresh, locally produced foods and concessions
Tickets are $1 for all riders 13 months and older. Riders 12 months and younger are free with a paying adult. Riders must be at least 42 inches tall to ride unacompanied on most rides. One ticket is required per rider for the carousel, train, and kiddie boats.
Picnic Shelter Reservations
Reservations are now being accepted for 2013. All picnic shelter reservations require a two hour minimum and range in price from $12 to $30 per hour. There are several locations in Pullen Park available for rent, including:
- 6 covered shelters in the upper picnic area
- 1 covered shelter in the lower area
- the carousel house (after-hours only)
- Lake Howell gazebo
- the event lawn
- cafe patio area (after hours only)
- the children's amphitheatre
After hours shelter reservations are available within select areas. For more information or to check availability, please call 919-996-6468.
Pullen Park Overflow Parking
The City of Raleigh Parks and Recreation Department announces the following changes for parking during your visit at Pullen Park.
During the Week: Overflow parking is available until 5 pm at the Hunt Drive Soccer Fields on the Dorthea Dix campus. Patrons are asked not to park along Western Boulevard per RCC 11-2171(b)(1).
During the Weekend: Overflow parking is available at the Governor Morehead parking lot located directly across from Pullen Park on Ashe Avenue. This additional parking area will now be available on weekends through December 2, 2013.
As a safety reminder, patrons are asked not to park along Western Boulevard per RCC 11-2171(b)(1).
The above listed hours of operation are for the months of May thru September. Pullen Park Amusement hours will vary depending on the season. Some rides may close early due to darkness or inclement weather.
Ticket Sales close at 8:45pm with rides closing at 9:00pm.
Restrooms within the park will remain open until 9:30pm.
520 Ashe Avenue
Raleigh, NC 27606