Special Olympics Wake County Volunteers
Volunteers are the foundation of Special Olympics Wake County, making all that we do possible! There are two ways to get involved:
- Volunteer at one of our local competitions
- Volunteer your time as a coach or assistant coach
Annually, SOWC offers competition events in Basketball Skills, Aquatics (Multistate Swim Meet), and Track & Field (Spring Games). Volunteers fill positions such as awards presenters, concessions, event officials/assistants and athlete escorts.
We are also always looking for dedicated individuals to help as coaches and assistant coaches to provide training to athletes for regional & state level competitions. Seasonally, we train athletes in the sports listed below. Each sport practices on a weekly schedule during the appropriate season. Times & locations vary.
- Fall: Bocce, Bowling, Cycling, Golf, Roller Skating, Soccer, Tennis
- Winter: Alpine Ski, Aquatics (into Spring), Basketball, Ice Skating
- Spring/Summer: Gymnastics, Power Lifting, Softball, Track & Field, Volleyball
Register to Volunteer
To register as a volunteer or for more information, please contact Brian Philpot.
Please make a note of the events you sign up for on your calendar, as we will be counting on you! We will send you a confirmation and a reminder approximately one month prior to each event with pertinent information and directions. We would like to do this by email if possible, so be sure to include you email address on the registration.