Development Fee Schedule
City Council approved the increase of Public Utilities fees (Code of Ordinances - Part 8). These increases became effective July 1, 2012.
In accordance with TC 1-07, Development related fees were increased by 3.20% as scheduled and became effective July 4, 2012.The new minimum permit fee is $78.00.
In addition to these, facility fees also increased by 3.10% in accordance with TC 5-08 and became effective July 4, 2012.
Please contact Sharon Felton, Communication Administrator, at 919-996-2231 with any questions.
The Development Fee Schedule offers our clients one user-friendly place to find all development related fee information.
To help navigate a development project from beginning to end, please visit our Development Services Guide (DSG). The DSG offers plan submittal details, forms/applications, contact information, fee information, and much more.
The Development Fee Schedule includes services offered by the Department of City Planning listed below:
- Comprehensive Plan Amendment
- Zoning (i.e. Rezoning, Planned Development District Master Plan, Code Text Change, Post Approval Revisions and Name Changes, etc.)
- Preliminary Subdivisions
- Recorded Maps (Plat Recordation)
- Street Closure and Name Changes
- Preliminary Site Plans
- Certificate of Appropriateness
- Historic Landmark Designation Application
The Development Fee Schedule includes the following multi-departmental fees:
- Facility Fees (Impact Fees)
- Utility Connections
- Additions, Alterations, Repairs
- Change of Occupancy
- Fire Protection Systems
- Shell or Foundations
- Accessory Buildings
- Driveways, Sidewalks
- Zoning (i.e. Dish Antenna, Parking Lot, Landscaping, Swimming Pool, Sign, Fence, Conservation/Trees, etc.)
- Re-inspection, Re-review
- Acreage Fees
- Open Space
- Meter Installations
- Frontage Assessments
- Not Ready Fee
- Nutrient Fee
For questions regarding the following specific fees, please contact the individuals below for assistance:
- Development Services Customer Service Center 919-996-2495
- Commercial - Sandra Hodges 919-996-2432
- Residential - Becky Spring 919-996-4203
- Express - Celia McCoy 919-996-2430; Isaac Roldan 919-996-2570
- Utilities - Cesar Sanchez 919-996-3484
- Right of Way - Cornelia Stallings 919-996-2435; Pamela Best 919-996-2430
- Facility Fees - Stephanie Currier 919-996-2233
- Tree Impact Permit Fee - Sally Thigpen 919-996-4115