Pullen Road Extension Project
- Road Extension
- $3,000,000 (City responsible for half the cost)
- Roadway Design and Construction (Lead)
- North Carolina State University, Catholic Diocese of North Carolina and Ramey Kemp (Consultant)
Posted Sept. 27
On Tuesday, Sept. 19, Raleigh City Council awarded the construction contract to Carolina Sunrock, LLC.
This project will extend Pullen Road from Western Boulevard to Centennial Parkway as a 52-foot from back-of-curb to back-of-curb roadway with:
- Bike lanes;
- A six-foot sidewalk on the east side;
- A 10-foot multi-use path on the west side;
- Street trees and street lights on both sides; and,
- 12-inch water main installation.
|March 17, 2016||Public Meeting|
|June 16, 2016||Public Meeting|
|August 2016||Public Hearing|
|Late Spring 2017||Complete Right of Way Acquisition|
|Late Spring 2017||Advertise for Construction Contract|
|Summer 2017||Award Construction Contract|
|Summer 2018||Project Completion|
The City developed a three-party agreement with North Carolina State University and the Catholic Diocese of North Carolina for the purpose of extending Pullen Road from Western Boulevard to Centennial Parkway. This street extension is consistent with the City’s 2030 Comprehensive Plan and will help improve safety and congestion along Western Boulevard. The project proposes to construct a three-lane curb and gutter section with medians, sidewalks, bike lanes, street trees, and street lights. Upon completion, street improvements would be maintained by the City.