Infrastructure Construction Plans
The Infrastructure Construction Plans review process is for applicants who want to install public or private infrastructure improvements associated with a development project. City staff reviews the plans for compliance with the City Code and regulations related to stormwater, public utilities, transportation, fire, urban forestry, planning and zoning.
- Approved Preliminary Development Plan (site or subdivision) if applicable.
- Off-site sewer easements must be recorded through Planning & Development prior to submitting Infrastructure Construction Plans
Approvals or Permits Issued
- Water and Sewer
|Required for Submittal|
|Required for Some Projects|
Expected Processing Time
- Each Blue Line review cycle takes ten business days
- Each Mylar review cycle takes ten business days
- Concurrent Review with Final Site Review or Building Review will be ten business days for each cycle
Expedited Review Option:
Infrastructure Construction Plans may be reviewed via the following expedited path if desired:
The initial review must be conducted using the standard review path as described above.
Should subsequent reviews be required, they should be conducted using the Coordinated Team Review (CTR). The CTR is a face-to-face, expedited review service which provides immediate feedback from City review staff. The CTR does not result in the issuance of any permits or the signing of any mylar plats.
Once all review comments have been addressed and there are no unresolved issues, a review may be scheduled to review and sign the final mylar plat. This face-to-face review session will be conducted after-hours.
If you are interested in the expedited review option, please contact a Project Coordinator (PC). The PC will serve as your point of contact with the Development Services office and is available to answer any questions you may have related to process and procedure. When you are ready to schedule your expedited reviews, please contact the Scheduling Coordinator for information and to confirm an available date.
After-hours review is available on the first and third Thursday of each month, unless an observed holiday falls on that day. In that case, the date will be adjusted based on staff availability.
Each session will begin promptly at 5:00 p.m. and end no later than 8:00 p.m. It is estimated that each session will last approximately one hour.
If using the expedited path, please note that the following fees will be applicable: standard review fees, Coordinated Team Review fees, and after-hours review fees. Please see the Development Fee Schedule and/or the process description pages for further information.
1. A deposit equal to one hour of review time must be paid at the time of scheduling
2. Scheduling must occur no less than five business days prior to the review
3. When calling to inquire about available time slots, please note that you are not confirmed until your application is submitted and deposit is paid. Our slots are available on a first-come first served basis so we will not be able to hold slots without a deposit
If the appointment is cancelled five business days in advance of the review or sooner, a cancellation fee of one half hour will be assessed. If cancelled thereafter, the deposit will be forfeited. If an applicant fails to show up for a scheduled review, the deposit will be forfeited and the applicant will be ineligible for future expedited review services for a period of one year
1. No partial refunds will be made if the review takes less than one hour
2. If the review lasts longer than one hour, the client will be billed in quarter-hour increments and the additional amount will be due immediately following the review
Please see the submittal requirements for Infrastructure Construction Plans located on this web page. For CTR and after-hours review, the submittal requirements are due to the Scheduling Coordinator no less than five days in advance of the review. The Scheduling Coordinator will notify the client of such requirements based on the type of review.
- Payment types include cash, MasterCard, Visa or check made payable to the City of Raleigh
- See Development Fee Schedule for specific fees
Preliminary plat submittal or building permit submittal, whichever is applicable.