Scheduling Construction Inspections and Re-Inspections
The Construction Division of the Inspections Department conducts field inspections after permits have been issued for a construction project.
To schedule an inspection, contact the Development Services Customer Service Center. For inspections after normal business hours, see After-Hours Inspections.
For some projects, inspections are to be conducted in a specific sequence while others do not. However, before scheduling a framing inspection, all trade and rough in inspections must be approved.
A code violation may result in an inspection status of "rejection." After the code violation is corrected, you may schedule a re-inspection.
All permits must be approved and issued.
Approvals or Permits Issued
- Certificate of Occupancy for the first occupancy permit issued
- Certificate of Completion for subsequent occupancy permits
|Required for Submittal|
|Required for Some Projects|
Expected Processing Time
- Inspections are generally scheduled the day after a request is made
- Re-inspections are scheduled for the next business day after the payment has been processed, unless indicated otherwise
- The Certificate of Occupancy is printed the next business day after all final inspections are complete
- Possible fees may apply to
- Conditional Service per permit
- Sewer Release Process
- Re-inspections. Fees must be paid before scheduling the next inspection
- Temporary Certificate of Occupancy
- Certificate of Occupancy more than 30 days past the issue date
- Certificate of Occupancy that is no longer in the system and is replaced by a City of Raleigh Form Letter
- Copies of project information (plans, documentation, application, etc.)
- Administrative research that requires more than one hour
- Duplicate building card