Stormwater BMP Surety
This process applies when a developer wishes to receive a site review permit for a site. The purpose of the surety is to protect future homeowners and businesses in the event that a developer does not complete the stormwater devices and guarantees that the City will have the resources to complete the devices if necessary.
- Stormwater BMP must be approved by the Stormwater Engineers
- Operations and Maintenance Manual must be approved by the Stormwater Engineers
Approvals or Permits Issued
Key Steps in the Process
- 125% surety amount is required prior to building permit approval
- Each Phase will stand on its own for stormwater compliance
- Once the BMP as-builts are accepted by the Stormwater Engineers, the surety will be released
|Required for Submittal|
Submit the Surety Agreement to the Development Services Department – Stormwater Management Division. One Exchange Plaza, Suite 304, Raleigh, NC 27601 from 7:30 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Expected Processing Time
Within three weeks, an executed Development Surety Agreement from the City of Raleigh.
There are no fees associated with this process.
Submittal package for building permit