Streetscape Capital Program
If you are interested in traffic calming projects in residential areas please visit the Neighborhood Streetscape Program page.
If you are interested in existing or adopted streetscape plans, please visit the Streetscape Plans page.
The City of Raleigh undertakes Streetscape Improvement Projects, which entail a variety of improvements to the street, sidewalks, and the public rights-of-way.
These types of projects may include a variety of improvements:
- new curbing
- updated traffic markings
- bicycle parking & bicycle lanes
- street furniture
- street lighting
- consolidation of overhead utilities
Additionally, streetscape projects may also:
- update aging infrastructure
- improve the pedestrian/bicycle environment
- resolve traffic conflicts
- support economic development
- improve the appearance of a street corridor