Part Time Position: Afterschool Counselor - Casa del Sol Afterschool Program
- Number of Positions: 1
- Closing Date: 05/15/2013
- Salary: $8.25/hour
- Department: Parks & Recreation
- Division: Recreation
- Location: Casa del Sol
- High School Diploma
- Staff Manual Review
- Site Specific Trainings
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred, but not required.
- Applicants should be 21 years old
- Experience working with children and teens
Responsible for the direct supervision of participants, programming age-appropriate activities, and working with other staff to address the daily needs of a group of children.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with youth and teens grades K-12 in a recreation type setting
- Supervise, engage and keep participants involved in daily activities
- Implement age-appropriate activities
- Provide a constant flow of communication with supervisor, parents and co-workers
- Adhere to proper discipline procedures as stated in training and approved by department
- Be a positive role model at all times
- Maintain equipment and keep facilities clean and safe
- Attend staff meetings, if required
- Administer minor first aid
- Effectively Communicate with site supervisor
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Employee is supervised by the Laurel Hills Community Center Assistant Director.
Please submit completed part-time application and resume to Laurel Hills Community Center.