Rain Barrels and Rain Gardens Workshop
Event posted Sep. 21, 2017 - 6:00 am
Learn how to design and install a rain garden or rain barrel for your home that will help protect Raleigh's streams and wildlife. The workshop includes:
- Explaining the importance of good water quality and how capturing stormwater using rain gardens and rain barrels can help improve the health of streams and lakes;
- Choosing the right location and size for your rain garden and rain barrel; and
- Showing you how to maintain your rain garden or rain barrel so that it continues to benefit the environment while being an amenity to your home.
Registration for this workshop is required. Citizens who register and attend will be entered to win a free rain barrel! Sign up today.
How to Sign Up
1. Click on "Browse Programs/Camps"
2. Click on "Advanced Search"
3. Type in "Rain Garden" under "Containing Keyword"
- Oct 07, 2017
- 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
- Walnut Creek Wetland Center
- 950 Peterson Street
- Raleigh, NC 27610