District E Council Member
Bonner Gaylord has served on the Raleigh City Council since 2009. He was elected by the citizens of District E, which includes areas near downtown, midtown, and northwest Raleigh.
Council Member Gaylord currently serves as a member of the Council’s Committees for Economic Development & Innovation and Growth & Natural Resources. He serves as the City Council’s liaison to the City’s Appearance Commission and Substance Abuse Advisory Commission. He is also the Council’s liaison to the Greater Raleigh Convention & Visitors Bureau and the City’s delegate to Triangle J Council of Governments.
Beyond his official roles with the City, Council Member Gaylord’s passion for a better Raleigh has driven him to be involved in a wide variety of civic and business organizations over the years, including:
- Board of Directors, Habitat for Humanity of North Carolina
- Board of Directors, Triangle Commuter Bicycle Initiative
- Member, North Carolina Home Builder’s Association
- Board of Directors, Raleigh Merchants Association and Shop Local Raleigh
- Volunteer, First Baptist Church 21st Century After School Program
- Member, Facility Design Team, Vintage21 Church
- City Council representative for the Greater Raleigh Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Graduate, ULI Partnership Forum
- Friday Fellow, William C. Friday Fellowship for Human Relations
- Transportation for America
- Advocates for Health in Action
Since 2004, Gaylord has worked for Kane Realty Corporation, where he currently serves as Managing Director for Property Management.
Born and raised in Raleigh, Gaylord attended Aldert Root and Hunter Elementary Schools, Ligon Middle School, and Broughton High School. He received his undergraduate and MBA degrees from UNC-Chapel Hill. He and his wife Ashley have a daughter, Gigi, and twin boys, Mont and Demetri.