Aquatic Facilities Fees and Rules
Admission Policies for Aquatic Facilities
- Aquatic facilities are paid admission facilities - all patrons passing the front desk must pay admission.
- Children age 12 and younger must be accompanied by a paying adult (age 16+).
- The City of Raleigh does not allow individuals or groups to conduct private instruction at any aquatic facility.
- Groups of more than 10 participants should contact the facility to inquire about group rate admission.
- Admission may be limited when the facility is at capacity in order to maintain the safety of the facility.
- Payment methods accepted are cash, check, Visa, Master Card, and American Express.
Daily Admission Fees and Punch Passes
Admission at the Door
|Pullen, Optimist, Millbrook & Seasonal Pools|
|Buffaloe Road Aquatic Center|
|Valid at all City of Raleigh Aquatic Facilities (Good for 15 entries)|
Monthly and Annual Passes
Monthly Pass (valid one month to date) - Valid at all facilities
|Annual Pass (valid one year to date) - Valid at all facilities|
Daily Admission Fees and Punch Passes (15 Admissions) are purchased at the pool or aquatic facility.
Monthly and Annual Passes are purchased at any of the Year-Round Pools - Optimist, Millbrook, Pullen, and Buffaloe Road Aquatic Center
Aquatic Administrative Office
2401 Wade Av | Raleigh 27607 | 919-831-6852
Buffaloe Road Aquatic Center Rules
Buffaloe Road Aquatic Center has additional rules specific to the attractions and amenities at this facility.
All other pool rules also apply at Buffaloe Road Aquatic Center.
- Children should not use the swimming pool without adult supervision.
- Adults should not swim alone.
- Pets are prohibited throughout the facility.
- Glass containers are prohibited throughout the facility.
- A lifeguard must be on duty before entering the water.
- Please wear proper swimming attire in the pool (see manager regarding acceptable clothing).
- Diving is limited to areas of more than 5 feet of water depth.
- Rough play in pool and on the deck area is prohibited.
- Floating aids and some toys are not permitted in the pool (see manager for what is acceptable).
- Face masks and goggles are permitted with non-breakable lenses and used properly.
- Lap lanes are for adult use only. Please do not hang on the lane ropes.
- Please walk. Running is prohibited on the deck.
- Smoking and consuming food and beverages must be done in designated areas only.
- To provide a family atmosphere, abusive/profane language or excessive public displays of affection will not be permitted.
- Admission to the pool may be denied for any of the following reasons:
a) When an individual is apparently unable to care for himself or is intoxicated.
b) Evidence of contagious disease, open sores, or wounds.
c) Any condition which will jeopardize the health and safety of the general public.
- Distracting the attention of a lifeguard is not allowed.
Diving Area Rules (Optimist Pool and Pullen Aquatic Center)
- There should only be one person on the diving stand at all times.
- Please dive from the end of the board only and straight out. Diving to the side is prohibited.
- Swim immediately to the side after diving and exit the pool. Wait until preceding diver swims clear before diving.
- Please avoid "double bouncing" and running dives.
- Swimmers under or hanging on the diving boards is prohibited.
- High dive board is for use by people who are taller than the 3rd rung of the diving stand.
(3 meter High dive is available at Optimist only during summer operation)
Teaching Pool Information and Rules (Pullen Aquatic Center)
- This warm water pool is used for therapy, swimming lessons, and recreational swimming. Hours of operation vary based upon programming.
- For safety purposes, recreational swimming can be limited to non-swimmers under 4'5" tall and their guardian.
- The teaching pool is closed to the general public during swimming lessons.
- Please limit jumping from the pool deck to water over 2 feet deep.
- Please stay off the divider wall.