Bus Fares and Ticket Outlets
Capital Area Transit (CAT) has worked to keep bus fares constant for the past 8-9 years. During that time, costs to operate bus services have risen due to inflation, and customer fares have not kept pace. To close this growing gap, the Raleigh Transit Authority (RTA) has approved a fare increase for Capital Area Transit.
For more information on the Local CAT or Regional Triangle Transit Fare Increase, visit gotriangle.org/fareincrease or call 919-485-7433.
Bus Fare Information
|Fare Type||Full Fare
|One Way Fare
|Local Day Pass||$2.00||$1.00|
|5 Day Pass||$8.50
|31 Day Pass||$36.00||$15.00|
|Seniors 65 & Over||Free
|Children 12 & Under||Free
- No Transfers Issued
- Stored Value Card (Card has $25.00 Value)...$20.00
- The 5 Day Pass is valid for 5 days from the first use on the CAT bus. Passes do not begin to lose value until they are validated on the CAT bus.
- Reduced Fares are available to persons with disabilities.
- When paying a Reduced/Free Fare a CAT ID Card must be shown.
- To obtain a CAT ID card, complete the CAT ID Card Application or call 919-996-3459.
- A Medicare Card and a valid ID may be used to secure a CAT ID Card.
- Children under 12 and over 60" tall must present a CAT ID.
For other pass options please call 919-485-RIDE (7433)
CAT Ticket Outlets
- CAT Operations Office, 4104 Poole Rd.
- Moore Square Station Information Booth, South Blount St.
- Avery C. Upchurch Government Complex (31 Day Passes Only)
222 W. Hargett St, 1st Floor, Revenue Service Lobby
- Harris Teeter, Cameron Village, 501 Oberlin Rd.
- Harris Teeter, North Ridge, 6024 Falls of Neuse Rd.
- Harris Teeter, Glenwood Village, 2603 Glenwood Ave.
- Harris Teeter, Olde Raleigh Village, 3201-123 Edwards Mill Rd.
- Harris Teeter, Stonehenge Shopping Center, 7400 Creedmoor Rd.
- Harris Teeter, Plaza West, 5663 Western Blvd.
The following forms of payment are accepted at the Capital Area Transit Operations Office and Moore Square Station Information Booth: Cash, Check, Visa, Mastercard and Commuter Check. Harris Teeter stores only sell 5 Day Passes, Reduced Fare 5 Day Passes and 31 Day Passes.
The GoPass program allows registered employers and their employees the opportunity to ride Capital Area Transit and Triangle Transit buses for free. Once the employer has enrolled in the contractual program, they will receive the GoPass swipe cards. The pass should be swiped at the fare box in lieu of a regular bus pass. A GoPass can only be used by the employee/employer. The following employers/colleges are currently eligible for free bus rides. For more information or to enroll in the program, contact the City of Raleigh's TDM Coordinator.
- City of Raleigh (there is a $3 replacement fee for lost/stolen passes) and Wake County Government Employees
Free Rides with GoPass and ID Badge
- North Carolina State University Students and Faculty/Staff (online purchases for faculty/staff include a $25 pre-paid fee)
Free Rides with GoPass (Order your pass online)
- Meredith College Students, Faculty and Staff
Free Rides with ID Badge
- Wake Tech
Free with ID Badge only on Wake Tech Express (40E)