Traffic Alert: Waterline Replacement Project Closes Portion of Glenwood Avenue
At 8 p.m. on Friday, May 5, the City of Raleigh will close the 1800 to 2200 blocks of Glenwood Avenue between White Oak Road and St. Mary’s Street to replace the waterlines connecting to The Circle. The work is anticipated to be complete within the weekend, with the roadway opening to traffic by 5 a.m. on Monday, May 8. The waterline replacement project is one of the City’s Capital Improvement Projects.
Portions of Glenwood Avenue and The Circle and side streets off of Glenwood Avenue within this construction area will be accessible to local residents and local traffic only. Other motorists should avoid this area if possible. Traffic delays are to be expected.
The following is a detour around the work site:
- Motorists traveling southbound on Glenwood Avenue will turn right onto St. Mary’s Street, left onto Wade Avenue, and right on to the exit ramp for Glenwood Avenue;
- Motorists traveling northbound on Glenwood Avenue near Wade Avenue will turn left to exit to westbound Wade Avenue, turn right on St. Mary’s Street and left back onto Glenwood Avenue;
- Motorists traveling northbound on Glenwood Avenue between Wade Avenue and White Oak Road will turn right on White Oak Road, left on Anderson Drive and right back onto Glenwood Avenue; and,
- Motorists traveling along Wade Avenue should turn to travel northbound along St. Mary’s Street and left back onto Glenwood Avenue.
Customers in this area should not experience any interruption of water service. If water service interruption is necessary, residents will be notified in advance.
For more information, contact
- Julie Parham, Public Utilities, Project Engineer II, 919-996-4541