14th Annual Fair Housing Conference Set For April 28
Registration is now open
The City of Raleigh, the Raleigh Fair Housing Hearing Board, and the Fair Housing Project of Legal Aid of North Carolina are proud to announce the 14th Annual Raleigh Fair Housing Conference.
Registration is open, space is limited to 200 registrants. You must be 18 years or older and pre-register to attend. There is a non-refundable registration fee, which includes continental breakfast and lunch.
- Register online for the 14th Annual Fair Housing Conference
- Download and mail in a printable registration form
- To request a registration be mailed to you please contact the Housing & Neighborhoods Department, Community & Neighborhood Engagement Division at 919-996-6100.
When: Friday, April 28, 2017
Where: McKimmon Center, 1101 Gorman Street, Raleigh, NC 27606
- Registration and Continental Breakfast, 8–9 a.m.
- Conference Panels, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Lunch and Keynote Speaker, 12-2 p.m.
Keynote: Ted Shaw, Director of UNC Center for Civil Rights and former Director-Counsel and President of the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund Inc.
- Challenges and
Housing Needs of People with Disabilities
Kim Lan Grout, Redefining Disabled Project (Remove the hyperlink)
James Davis, Jr., City of Durham
- Aging in Place &
Richard Duncan, RL Mace Universal Design Institute/UD
Reentry/Criminal History Exclusion Panel
Kari Hamel, former Attorney with Legal Aid of NC: Criminal History Exclusions and the Fair Housing Act
- Community Education and
Cashauna Hill, Greater New Orleans Fair Housing Action Center/GNOFHAC
- North Carolina and Raleigh Advocacy Best Practices
Dennis Gaddy, Ex. Dir., Community Success Initiative, Raleigh, NC
Early Registration ends March 31
- Wake County residents fee is $10.00
- Non-Wake County resident fee is $15.00
Late Registration begins April 1
- Wake County residents fee is $15.00
- Non-Wake County resident fee is $20.00
Register online for the 14th Annual Fair Housing Conference or, download and mail in a printable registration form or, contact the Community Engagement Division at 919-996-6100 to request a registration form be mailed to you.
Note: A select amount of scholarships are available for persons who need financial assistance with the registrations fee. Please contact Marquita Mbonu, 919-996-5710 for more information.
Become a sponsor for the 2017 Fair Housing Conference!
Contact Marquita Mbonu if you are interested in becoming a conference sponsor.
- Apr 28, 2017
- 8:00 am - 2:00 pm
- McKimmon Center
- 1101 Gorman Street
- Raleigh, NC 27606
For more information, contact
- Marquita Mbonu, Community Specialist