Raleigh Announces Schedule for Districtwide Community Conversation Meetings
The City of Raleigh is holding additional Community Conversation meetings during the month of February to bring residents together to talk about important issues facing Raleigh.
Mayor Nancy McFarlane first announced the Community Conversation series last November. That same month, two citywide sessions were held. In February, each of the five City Council districts will host a Community Conversation meeting.
Following is a schedule of the districtwide Community Conversation meetings:
- District C - Feb. 13 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at John Chavis Memorial Park Community Center, 505 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., in District C (Southeast), represented by Council Member Corey Branch;
- District D - Feb. 15 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Carolina Pines Community Center, 2305 Lake Wheeler Road, in District D (Southwest), represented by Council Member Kay Crowder;
- District A - Feb. 20 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Anne Gordon Center for Active Adults in Millbrook Exchange Park, 1901 Spring Forest Road, in District A (North-central), represented by Council Member Dickie Thompson;
- District E - Feb. 22 from 6 p.m.to 8 p.m. at Laurel Hills Park Community Center, 3808 Edwards Mill Road, in District E (Northwest), represented by Council Member Bonner Gaylord; and,
- District B - Feb. 27 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Abbotts Creek Park Community Center, 9950 Durant Road, in District B (Northeast), represented by Council Member David Cox.
The district sessions will be facilitated group conversations to identify core issues and challenges facing Raleigh.
Watch videos (on YouTube): District A, District B, District C, District D, District E
Add meetings to your calendar from our Community Conversations events page.
For more information, contact
- Marchell Adams David, Assistant City Manager for Community, 919-996-3070