Raleigh Summer Youth Employment Program 2017 Hiring Season
Beginning Feb. 15, teens interested in summer jobs with the City of Raleigh’s Summer Youth Employment Program (RSYEP) can submit employment applications online.
Paper applications are not accepted. After online applications are submitted, to be considered for hire, applicants are required to participate in an RSYEP interview; sessions will be held March 2 through 31.
RSYEP helps teens develop skills and prepare for future employment. Those selected will work 20 to 30 hours per week as office staff, light laborers, and recreation support staff. The program runs June 12 through August 11. Pay is $7.25 per hour.
In addition to work experience, the program provides life skills training and mentoring by local lawyers, law enforcement officers and other professionals. Teens in the program attend workshops on topics including employment readiness, financial literacy, communication, decision-making, and conflict resolution.
Eligible teens must live within Raleigh city limits and be 15 - 18 years old as of May 31. Acceptable forms of proof-of-age and residency include a clear photocopy of a North Carolina driver’s license, a learner’s permit, or State of NC identification card. Passports, military ID or school identification cards will not be accepted. Proof must be provided at the time of interview (copiers will not be available at the interview sites).
Online employment applications must be submitted prior to attending an interview session. Names and contact information for references are mandatory on the application.
All interview sessions will be held from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. at the following locations and dates:
- Thurs., March 2 - Millbrook Exchange Park, 1905 Spring Forest Rd.
- Tues., March 7 - Biltmore Hills Community Center, 2615 Fitzgerald Dr.
- Thurs., March 9 - Tarboro Road Community Center, 121 Tarboro Rd.
- Tues., March 14 - Jaycee Park Community Center, 2405 Wade Ave.
- Thurs., March 16 - Pullen Park Community Center, 408 Ashe Ave.
- Tues., March 21 - Lake Lynn Community Center, 7921 Ray Rd.
- Thurs., March 23 -Lions Park Community Center, 516 Dennis Ave.
- Mon., March 27 - Marsh Creek Community Center, 3050 N. New Hope Rd.
- Wed., March 29 - Halifax Community Center, 1023 Halifax Street
- Fri., March 31 - John Chavis Park Community Center, 505 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd.
The Community Engagement Division of the City of Raleigh Housing and Neighborhood Department administers the Raleigh Summer Youth Program.
For more information, contact
- Kaylah Dell Nance Webb, RSYEP Program Coordinator, 919- 996-5722