Fred Fletcher Park
Last updated Mar. 24, 2016 - 7:53 am
- Year 1981 | Acres 21.4
- The park is the former campus of the Methodist Home for Children and was purchased by the City in 1982.
- There are entrances to the park off of St. Mary's Street and Glenwood Avenue.
- Enjoy a stroll around the walking paths throughout the park.
Water Garden and Wetland
- An aesthetically pleasing garden with a variety of evergreen and perennial plant species
- Four deep pools which capture sediment, nutrients, and other pollutants as they drift to the bottom of the pools when stormwater flows
- Ecosystem for this area of the park for butterflies, dragonflies, frogs, ducks, and other animal species
- Naturally filtering stormwater that flows into the water garden to clean the runoff before flowing downstream into Pigeon House Branch
Borden Building & Amphitheater
- Can be rented for weddings, parties, small conferences, bridal portraits, meetings, and other special events.
- View details
- To rent a shelter please contact the Jaycee Community Center at 919-996-6833
- Capacity: 36-60
- 8 tables
- 1 grill
- No electricity
Courts are typically available first come, first serve. View other court locations
Outdoor Basketball Court
- 2 courts
- No Lights
- No Backboard
- Sand surface