Nominate Your Favorite Volunteer for the Fred Fletcher Outstanding Volunteer Award
Since 1996, the City of Raleigh Parks, Recreation and Cultural Resources Department and the Parks, Recreation, and Greenway Advisory Board have awarded Fred Fletcher Awards for Outstanding Volunteerism in the City of Raleigh parks system to citizens, businesses, community organizations, and non-profit organizations. This annual volunteer recognition honors those outstanding volunteers who have contributed time, talent, and resources and have enriched the lives of the citizens in Raleigh.
Fred Fletcher Volunteer Awards are awarded to volunteers in 13 categories. Award recipients will be chosen based on their intensity of service, active volunteer involvement, and commitment to Raleigh Parks, Recreation and Cultural Resources. The awards ceremony will be held on Tuesday, May 11, 2017.
In order to submit a nomination, nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Nominee may be nominated in only one category by the same person
- Only one nomination per form
- Nominee for a given award may not have previously received a Fred Fletcher Outstanding Volunteer Award
- Nominee must be an active Parks, Recreation and Cultural Resources volunteer during the past year
- All nominations and supporting materials must be postmarked or submitted via email by 5 pm on Friday, February 10, 2017
To nominate an outstanding volunteer, complete the Fred Fletcher Outstanding Volunteer Nomination form and submit to Ashley Deans.
For more information, contact
- Ashley Deans, 919-996-3285