Forest Ridge Park Dedication
The City of Raleigh will dedicate Forest Ridge Park on Saturday, Sept. 30 at 10 a.m. Forest Ridge Park sits on 587 Acres of parkland adjacent to Falls Lake and offers a variety of outdoor recreation programs that focus on fitness, nature education, and adventure recreation! Amenities include:
• Welcome center: Open 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily;
• Trails: Singletrack Mountain Bike Trail (three miles), multi-use trails (1.25 miles), and hiking trails;
• Large open space;
• Picnic shelters (open for public use on a first-come basis, but can also be reserved in advance by contacting the Forest Ridge Park office), grills; and,
• Playground: includes a multi-element design for both young and older youth including a zip line feature.
About Forest Ridge Park
Forest Ridge is a 586-acre peninsula on Falls Lake located between Falls Dam and Highway 98. It is owned by the United States Army Corps of Engineers and managed by the North Carolina Department of Environment and Natural Resources. The City of Raleigh and these two agencies agreed to a multi-agency partnership to prepare a master plan for the site. Funds for Phase I development were approved by the public in the 2003 Parks and Recreation Bond Referendum.
- Sep 30, 2017
- 10:00 am
- Forest Ridge Park
- 2100 Old NC 98 Highway
- Wake Forest, NC 27587
For more information, contact
- Forest Ridge Park, 919-556-6781