Leesville Road Widening Project
- Street Improvement Project
- Street and Sidewalk Design Construction (Lead)
- Devere Construction (Contractor)
Final pavement operations are underway along the corridor, and the project should be complete by January 2016.
The project will widen Leesville Road to a multi-lane roadway with:
- A raised median
- Bike lanes
- Sidewalks along both sides of the roadway from I-540 to New Leesville Road
- Improvements to intersections along the corridor
- Leesville Road Widening Project Area
- Grading near I-540
- Temporary Sidewalk and Pavement Widening along Harrington Pointe Subdivision
|March 24, 2011||Corridor Public Meeting|
|December 7, 2011||Design Public Meeting|
|April 3, 2012||Public Hearing|
|Late 2013||Right of Way Acquisition|
|January 2014||Award Construction Contract|
|Winter 2016||Project Completion|
Existing Leesville Road is generally a two-lane roadway with additional lanes at I-540 and intersections with Farless Road, Renfield Drive, and Crestmont Drive and New Leesville Boulevard and Hickory Grove Church Road.
Development and the construction of two schools along the corridor resulted in congested traffic at the intersection of Leesville Road and Farless Road and the intersection at New Leesville Road and Hickory Grove Church Road.