Leesville Road Widening Project
- Street Improvement Project
- Roadway Design and Construction (Lead)
- Devere Construction (Contractor)
Posted March 2017
Landscaping along the roadway will take place as planting condition allow, completion is expected in fall 2107.
The project will widen Leesville Road to a multi-lane roadway with:
- A raised median
- Bike lanes
- Sidewalks along both sides of the roadway from I-540 to New Leesville Road
- Improvements to intersections along the corridor
- Leesville Road Widening Project Area
- Grading near I-540
- Temporary Sidewalk and Pavement Widening along Harrington Pointe Subdivision
|March 24, 2011||Corridor Public Meeting|
|December 7, 2011||Design Public Meeting|
|April 3, 2012||Public Hearing|
|Late 2013||Right of Way Acquisition|
|January 2014||Award Construction Contract|
|Winter 2017||Project Completion|
|Fall 2017||Landscape Complete|
Existing Leesville Road is generally a two-lane roadway with additional lanes at I-540 and intersections with Farless Road, Renfield Drive, and Crestmont Drive and New Leesville Boulevard and Hickory Grove Church Road.
Development and the construction of two schools along the corridor resulted in congested traffic at the intersection of Leesville Road and Farless Road and the intersection at New Leesville Road and Hickory Grove Church Road.