Lower Longview Stream Bank Repair
- Stream Bank Repair
- Stormwater Management (Lead)
- WK Dickson
Posted Tuesday, Nov. 21
The design plans for this stream bank repair project have been reviewed by the City's Development Services Department. Now, the environmental permitting process is taking place. Construction is expected to start in March 2018.
The primary goal of this project is to repair 500 feet of eroded stream bank running north of New Bern Avenue at Longview Lake Drive. Repairs will include:
- Re-vegetating the stream to naturally stabilize it;
- Lowering the slopes above the normal flow line of the creek;
- Extending an existing stormwater pipe that goes to the creek in order to prevent erosion in the future; and
- Protecting the outlet of the stream.
|Fall 2017||Project design complete|
|Winter 2018||Project construction begins|
|Spring 2018||Project construction complete|
This project is associated with additional efforts to restore Lower Longview Lake Dam.