Fire Code Enforcement and Compliance
The Fire Code Enforcement Division manages a comprehensive program of fire code compliance through the International Fire Code, along with North Carolina Building Code Council Amendments.
Fire Code Inspections are required for all places of business. Periodic inspections will be conducted based on your type of business. An example below illustrates the minimum frequency rate of inspections.
1 Year Inspections
- Assembly (Restaurants, clubs and places of entertainment)
- Hazardous (Hazardous-materials, flammable liquids facilities)
- Institutional (Hospital, nursing homes, licensed care facilities, jails)
- High-Rise Buildings and residential except one and two family dwellings
2 Year Inspections
- Industrial facilities
- Educational facilities (Except public schools)
3 Year Inspections
- Mercantile, Storage facilities
- Churches and synagogues
Permit Applications, Packets and Forms
Fire Protection and Fire Alarm equipment repairs should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Repairs to sprinkler systems, fire pumps, fire alarm systems, etc should be reported. By emailing, clients will receive an automated reply with instructions and quick links for permitting and inspections.