RPD to Discuss Body-worn Cameras During CAC Meetings
Your Voice Matters in Your Community! Please join us for a special presentation at the Citizens Advisory Council meetings...
Members of the Raleigh Police Department Command Staff will be present at upcoming CAC meetings to give an update on the Department’s body worn camera guidelines. The community is invited to attend and encouraged to offer feedback. The dates and times of each of the meetings are listed below. If you are unable to attend your scheduled CAC meeting, please feel free to attend one of the other meetings.
Note: Citizen Advisory Councils (CACs) are the only advisory boards to the Raleigh City Council that are not appointed by the Council.
RPD Body-Worn Cameras CAC Meeting Schedule
- July 10 7 p.m. South CAC Sanderford Rd. Center, 2623 Sanderford Rd.
- July 10 7 p.m. Central CAC John P. "Top" Green Community Center, 401 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
- July 10 7 p.m. Southwest CAC Carolina Pines Park, 2305 Lake Wheeler Rd.
- July 11 7 p.m. Forestville CAC Abbotts Creek Community Center, 950 Durant Rd.
- July 11 7 p.m. North Central CAC Tarboro Road Park, 121 Tarboro St.
- July 12 7 p.m. Five Points CAC Five Points Center for Active Adults, 2000 Noble Rd.
- July 13 7 p.m. Northeast CAC Marsh Creek Park, 3050 New Hope Rd.
- July 13 7 p.m. Southeast CAC Barwell Road Center, 5857 Barwell Park Dr.
- July 17 7 p.m. East CAC Lions Park, 516 Dennis Ave.
- July 18 7 p.m. West CAC Woodland Center, 5611 Jaguar Park Dr.
- July 20 7 p.m. Atlantic CAC Green Road Community Center, 4201 Green Road
- July 20 7 p.m. Hillsborough CAC Pullen Memorial Baptist Church, 1801 Hillsborough St.
- July 24 7:30 p.m. Glenwood CAC Glen Eden Pilot Park, 1500 Glen Eden Dr.
- July 24 7:30 p.m. Midtown CAC Five Points Center for Active Adults, 2000 Noble Rd.
- July 24 7 p.m. South Central CAC Roberts Park Community Center, 1300 E. Martin St.
- August 8 7 p.m. Northwest CAC Northwest District, 8016 Glenwood Ave.
- August 15 7 p.m. North CAC Abbotts Creek Community Center, 9950 Durant Rd.
- August 22 7 p.m. Wade CAC Jaycee Park Module, 2405 Wade Ave.
RPD Body Camera Program - Opportunity for Community Input and Feedback
Thank you for taking the time to provide valuable input concerning the draft Departmental Operating Instructions (DOI) for the Raleigh Police Department’s Body Camera program.
Please know that your feedback is important as the police department moves closer to initiating this important program.
Two ways to provide comments, concerns, and recommendations as we work to finalize our DOI:
RPD Body Camera Program, Attention Sgt. J. Maultsby
6716 Six Forks Rd.
Raleigh, NC 27615
Again, thank you so much for your willingness to provide feedback concerning this very important issue!!!