Downtown Raleigh Sustainability Self-Guided Walking Tour
Raleigh residents and employees curious about the recent efforts made to make Raleigh "green" are encouraged to take the approximately 2-mile, one-hour, self-guided walking tour of Downtown Raleigh. The tour begins and ends at the Raleigh Convention Center at 500 S. Salisbury Street.
The LEED-Silver certified building features numerous sustainable features such as rainwater harvesting systems, light sensors, and low-flow plumbing devices while making use of recycled and reclaimed materials and energy-efficient LED lighting.
The tour features sustainability concepts such as:
- protecting the natural environment
- employing local labor and local materials
- repurposed architecture and construction
- access to health and nutrition
- the use of greenways and open spaces
- renewable energy