Board of Adjustment
The next Board of Adjustment meeting is scheduled for Monday, June 8, 2015 at 9:00 a.m.
View the Board of Adjustment Decisions from the May 11, 2015 meeting.
- Current Agenda
- Meets: Second Monday of each Month
- Raleigh Municipal Building
- 222 West Hargett Street
- Room 201
- Raleigh, NC 27601
- Recent Minutes
For general inquiries and to participate in the next Board of Adjustment meeting, contact the Zoning Division at 919-996-2475.
The Raleigh Board of Adjustment is a quasi-judicial body which acts on appeals for variances, special exceptions and interpretations in the zoning regulations. Its decisions are final but may be subject to court action. The Board consists of eight members: four regular members and two alternate members are appointed to two-year terms by the City Council and must reside within the City limits; one regular member and one alternate are appointed by Wake County Commissioners and must reside within the City's extraterritorial jurisdiction. Established by City Code Section 24-48.
- John Silverstein
- Counsel to the Board
- Karen M. Kemerait
- City Alternate
- Serving: 2nd Term, 2/22/14 - 2/21/16
- Tommy Jeffreys
- Serving: 4th Term, 5/1/07 - 4/30/15 (Served as County Alternate 8/1/05-4/30/07)
- Charles Coble
- Serving: 3rd Term, 5/16/13 - 5/15/15 (Served at City Alternate 11/18/07-05/15/09)
- Timothy Figgins
- Serving: 3rd Term, 6/18/13 - 6/17/15 (Served as City Alternate 2/12/18-6/17/09)
- Eugene A. Conti, Jr.
- Serving: 1st Term, 11/6/14-11/5/16
- J. Carr McLamb
- Vice Chairman/City
- Serving: 1st Term, 3/7/12 - 3/6/14 (Served as City Alternate 6/18/09-3/6/12)
- Brian M. Williams
- City Alternate
- Serving: 3rd Term, 10/7/14 - 10/6/16