GoRaleigh Transit Station Renovation
- Transit (Lead)
- WSP/Parsons Brinckerhoff
- Clearscapes Architecture
- Stewart Engineering
- BREE & Associates
- Capital Project Consulting, Inc. - Project Management
- North Carolina Department of Transportation
- Federal Transit Administration
- Engineered Designs, Inc
- MA Engineering Consultants, Inc
- Susan Hatchell, Landscapes Architects
- American South General Contracting
- PHASE 1 is underway - completion scheduled for Fall 2016
- PHASE 2 is scheduled for completion by Winter 2016
GoRaleigh Station will close on some weekends throughout the project. Please stay tuned here for specific dates. All bus routes relocate to the Martin Street area.
Oct. 28, 2016 - GoRaleigh Station closed for two weeks due to construction. Station reopens on Monday, Nov. 14.
All remaining Purple Zone routes relocate to Martin Street starting Nov. 14, 2016 - 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 15, 16, 31, 55X.
The walkway from Wilmington Street to the transit area is CLOSED for Phase 1 of the project. You may use the handicap accessible sidewalk down Wilmington St, turn right onto Hargett St and enter the station on Hargett St on the right.
The parking deck pedestrian bridge to Wilmington St is closed. Please use the stairs or elevator to the ground level and use either Hargett or Martin Streets for access to Wilmington St.
- See live time-lapse video of the construction and renovations
- Bus zone changes effective Monday, March 21, 2016.
- Schematic Designs for Moore Square Station
- Stay tuned to this page for future pedestrian detours, bus zone changes and closures
- Updates also on social media at Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
The goal is to renovate Moore Square Transit Mall, renamed GoRaleigh Station, to meet short and long term service requirements for the City of Raleigh's bus transit system.
GoRaleigh has conducted public outreach prior to and during the project:
- EVENT BOOTH inside GoRaleigh Station on Tue, Feb 9, 2016, 12-5pm
- OPEN HOUSE for surrounding businesses and residents on Tue, Feb 9, 2016, 5-7pm at Joule Coffee
- GROUNDBREAKING - Fri, Feb 19, 2016, 10am at Moore Square Transit Station
- EVENT BOOTH inside GoRaleigh Station and other locations on Tue, Mar 15, 2016, 9am-4pm
- Social Media - updates and information provided through Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts
- Dedicated construction information phone line: 919-996-6154
- GoRaleigh Station
- Passengers boarding GoRaleigh bus in GoRaleigh Station
- GoRaleigh bus in GoRaleigh Station
GoRaleigh Station (formerly the Moore Square Transit Mall) has served The City of Raleigh's Downtown Transit Hub since 1988. Since this time the transit system has expanded considerably. GoRaleigh Station currently serves local and regional buses and facilitates connections to the R-LINE, the free downtown circulator.