Administrative Site Review
An Administrative Site Review is a site plan that is administratively approved by city staff before subsequent approvals and permits can be processed for construction, development activity, or other work that does not qualify as a Plot Plan under the UDO, Section 10.2.7. A pre-application conference is recommended, but not required as part of this process.
The project must be zoned a district that allows the proposed use and is listed in the Unified Development Ordinance and City of Raleigh Zoning Map.
Ensure that the parcel(s) are properly recorded at the Wake County Register of Deeds Office with an assigned PIN (parcel identification number) and address.
Approvals or Permits Issued
An entitlement or approval of an Administrative Site Review in accordance with the UDO, Chapter 10. No permits issued.
Key Steps in the Process
- Applicant submits required information and related documents to the Development Services Customer Service Center.
- Based on complexity, projects may be assigned to a Coordinating Planner to act as the point of contact and assist with managing the project through the process.
- Based on complexity, projects will be assigned a designated Team Lead to assist with the regulatory issues for the project.
- Plans are reviewed by a team of staff with expertise in planning, transportation, urban design, comprehensive planning, transit, stormwater, utilities, fire, zoning, forestry and greenways. Additional staff may be involved, depending on the type and location of the project. The team reviews plans in accordance with regulations in the Unified Development Ordinance as well as other policies, procedures and regulations in the Comprehensive Plan, Public Utilities Handbook, Street Design Manual, Stormwater Design Manual and Solid Waste Handbook.
- The applicant addresses unresolved issues and re-submits required sets of revised plans for review.
- When all issues are resolved, an approval letter documenting the action of the site plan with any conditions of approval is provided.
|Required for Submittal|
|Required for Some Projects|
|Recommended for a Successful Review|
Applicants are encouraged to schedule a Pre-Application Conference to discuss issues that may come up in the review process. It is not a requirement.
Expected Processing Time for Development Projects
If the project includes land disturbance 12,000 sq ft or greater, requires public improvements, or a new recorded map, then an exclusive site approval process is required. Please see Concurrent Site Review for more information.
If the project does not include the items listed above, it may be eligible to proceed directly to Commercial Standard Review. For more information or questions, please call 919-996-2495.