Development Services Guide
Project types and submittal information for development in the City of Raleigh
The Development Services Guide is an online reference tool that provides detailed process descriptions that outline requirements for developing and building within the City of Raleigh. This information includes details about pre-requisites that must be met, approvals or permits needed, expected processing time, and applicable fees.
Permit and Development Portal
Don't forget to register for the Permit and Development Portal. You must have a registered account in order to manage your development activity and schedule inspections. Click here to access the permit portal.
Visit our Permit and Development page for all information regarding the launch, account registration, and frequently asked questions.
FY20 Fee Schedule Information
Building and Trade Permit Fees Calculator
Use the Fee Calculator to obtain an estimate of building and trade permit fees.
Home Improvement Projects
- Concurrent Review
- Surety for Infrastructure Improvements
- Mass Grading
- Tree Conservation
- Sediment & Erosion Control Surety
- Stormwater Control Measure (SCM) Surety
- Retaining Walls
- Driveway Cuts and Sidewalk Installation
- Right-of-Way Obstructions
- Water and Sewer Service Connections
- Telecommunication Devices (Site or right-of-way)