Development Services Guide
If your property has been damaged due to Hurricane Florence, please download our AFTER THE STORM FAQ to help guide you through the repair process.
The Development Services Guide is an online reference tool that provides detailed process descriptions that outline requirements for developing and building within the City of Raleigh. This information includes details about pre-requisites that must be met, approvals or permits needed, expected processing time, and applicable fees.
DEVELOPMENT FEES - Effective July 4, 2018
Many projects require City of Raleigh permits before construction may commence. The permit and inspection process allows the City to make sure that buildings are well constructed and safe for occupants, and protects property values.Find out when a permit is required for your project.
Building and Trade Permit Fees Calculator
Use the Fee Calculator to obtain an estimate of building and trade permit fees.
Home Improvement Projects
- Concurrent Review
- Surety for Infrastructure Improvements
- Mass Grading
- Tree Conservation
- Sediment & Erosion Control Surety
- Stormwater Control Measure (SCM) Surety
- Retaining Walls
- Driveway Cuts and Sidewalk Installation
- Right-of-Way Obstructions
- Water and Sewer Service Connections
- Telecommunication Devices (Site or right-of-way)