Learn more about infrastructure inspections for private development projects.
The Infrastructure Inspections group is responsible for making sure that private development projects such as residential subdivisions, multi-family developments, and commercial properties conform to city standards.
Infrastructure can include water and sewer, roadways, sidewalks, curb and gutters, and storm sewers.
Scheduling a Pre-construction Meeting
- A pre-construction meeting with an Engineering Inspection Coordinator is required if the work impacts sidewalks within high volume pedestrian areas (Downtown, Glenwood South, Hillsborough Street);
- A pre-construction meeting with a Right-of-Way Services Coordinator and the City's Project Manager and their contractor is required if the work impacts any City of Raleigh project;
- A pre-construction meeting with an Engineering Inspection Coordinator is required 5 business days prior to the start of any work or obstruction of the right-of-way. This includes but not limited to:
- Demolition, mass grading, and sidewalk removal;
- Utility installation (water and sewer);
- Any lane or sidewalk closures.
- Permits are required prior to ANY work or obstructions in the right-of-way. The City may require clients to schedule a meeting prior to permit issuance.
Schedule an inspection
All inspections must be scheduled via a registered account in the Permit and Development Portal. If you have issues scheduling an inspection, please email Field Services as soon as possible. Please provide them as much information as possible regarding your project in your email.
|Infrastructure Inspection Work Areas||Use this document to identify inspection areas, as well as the inspector assigned to that area|
|Sample Construction Cost Letter|
|Sample Warranty Letter|
|Walk Thru Checklist||This document will be used when an inspector does a walk-thru of your site|