Scheduling Construction Inspections and Re-Inspections
The Construction Division of the Development Services Department conducts field inspections after permits have been issued for a construction project.
To schedule, re-schedule, or cancel an inspection, call 919-857-4412, or visit the Online Development Center. To schedule an inspection after normal business hours, see After-Hours Inspections. For all other scheduling inquiries, contact the Development Services Customer Service Center at 919-996-2500.
Some projects require a particular sequence of inspections. For example, prior to scheduling a framing inspection, all trade and rough-in inspections must be approved.
A code violation may result in an inspection status of "rejection." After the code violation is corrected, a re-inspection may be scheduled.
All permits must be approved and issued.
Approvals or Permits Issued
- Certificate of Occupancy for the first occupancy permit issued
- Certificate of Completion for subsequent occupancy permits
|Required for Submittal|
|Required for Some Projects|
Expected Processing Time
- Inspections are generally scheduled for the next business day
- Re-inspections are also scheduled for the next business day after the payment has been processed, unless indicated otherwise
- The Certificate of Occupancy is printed the next business day after all final inspections are complete
- Possible fees may apply to:
- Conditional Service (per permit)
- Sewer Release Process
- Re-inspections (fees must be paid before scheduling the next inspection)
- Temporary Certificate of Occupancy
- Certificate of Occupancy more than 30 days past the issue date
- Certificate of Occupancy that is no longer in the system and is replaced by a City of Raleigh Form Letter
- Copies of project information (plans, documentation, application, etc.)
- Administrative research that requires more than one hour
- Duplicate building card