Plan Revision (formerly known as Field Revision)
What happens when you want to make revisions to plans in the middle of your project?
The plan revision process applies when changes to a development project occur after the City has issued permits. Alterations to your projects cannot take place until plans are revised and reviewed by City staff. Plan revision can occur for both residential and non-residential projects.
Information for Major Projects
Due to the nature of Major Projects, the process may be handled differently based on the type of revision:
- Minor revisions need to be coordinated through your Major Project assigned inspector and may be eligible for batch submittal, which is required at least once a quarter
- Major revisions should still be submitted for approval prior to those changes taking place
Major and minor revisions to Major Projects should be submitted to the Customer Service Center on the 4th floor of One Exchange Plaza in Downtown Raleigh.
Revisions should be submitted with a completed Plan Revision application, which includes a full description of the scope of proposed changes by a design professional. More information regarding submittal requirements are available directly on the application. Download the Plan Revision application.
- Field revision review fees are applied by the hour, per trade, per review cycle
- See Development Fee Schedule for specific fees
- Payment types include cash, MasterCard, Visa or check made payable to the City of Raleigh