Raleigh's Permit and Development Portal
Help and information for managing your development activity in the City of Raleigh
The City of Raleigh is excited to launch phase one of its new Permit and Development Portal. The tool is used to manage development review and permitting processes. The new portal features a number of benefits for users, including:
- A centralized dashboard to monitor your development projects;
- More, real-time notifications throughout the review process;
- View development activity near you;
- Enhanced, online scheduling for inspections; and
- The option to pay fees online.
The Permit and Development Portal will be launched in phases in order to strategically manage the system update and ensure a positive user experience. Future phases will include features such as electronic plan submittal and review. Below you will find more information, including how to register a new account, and breakdown of limited service hours. These limited hours and services are only temporary as we move data from one system to another.
Anyone with an active development project with the City of Raleigh should register a new acocunt in the permit and development portal. Formers users of the Online Development Center will also need to complete a new registration.
Videos on HOW-TO-REGISTER are available on this page in the section below.
NOTE: During the transition you may receive email notifications that are out of sync with your current project activity. Please cross check these emails with your dashboard, and disregard any emails that reflect milestones that have already been achieved.
Be sure to check our FAQ page for more information!
How-To-Register Videos (English and Spanish)
These videos will help you register a new account in the Permit and Development Portal.
(English) How to Create an Account on the Permit and Development Portal
(Spanish) How to Create an Account on the Permit and Development Portal
Important Inspection Information + Tutorial
The Online Development Center and the Rapid Response phone system (919-857-4412) have been permanently shut down. Please use the Permit and Development Portal to manage and schedule all inspections.
- Your inspector information will be available in your portal account the morning your inspection has been scheduled.
- We are not able to provide you with the exact time your inspector will arrive. Please plan accordingly.
- You can cancel your inspection online up until the DAY OF your inspection. If you must cancel or reschedule an inspection the day of, please email Field Services. A reinspection fee will be charge for any inspection that is cancelled or reschedule the day of.
Check out our tutorial video on how to schedule and cancel an inspection:
Frequently Asked Questions
We've compiled a list of frequently asked questions to help answer everything from what is the permit development portal to login information and fees.