Typical Townhouse Review
A streamlined plan submittal process for repetitive townhouse developments.
Under the typical townhouse review process, Building and Safety staff conduct an initial review of architectural and structural plans for a townhouse development. During this review, a builder identifies the townhouse variations to be offered. Custom builders can use this program if they identify upfront the townhouse options they will offer.
Once plans and designated as “typical” a builder may submit them for subsequent developments without the need for repeated reviews.
An early review option is also available, which allows builders to submit architectural and structural plans while the site plan is under review. This early review option may save time for a builder who has complete building and architectural plans but it not yet ready to apply for permits.
Key Steps in the Process
- The applicant completes an initial submittal package for each building and receives a case number
- Once everything is approved, the case number becomes the typical number which can used in all future submittals involving the same building plans
- The applicant provides a digital copy of the approved building and truss drawings on a CD to the Development Services Customer Service Center
|Required for Submittal|
Submit all documents to the Development Services Customer Service Center.
|Required for Some Projects|
Required for developments with building plans already approved as “typical:”
Expected Processing Time for Development Projects
- See Development Fee Schedule for specific fees.
- The Development Services Customer Service Center processes payments.
- Payment types include: cash, MasterCard, Visa or check made payable to the City of Raleigh.
Use this Fee Calculator to obtain an estimate of Building and Trade Permit Fees.
Include the following "box" on each plot plan:
Typical Plan # ______________________
First Floor, Foot Print (Incl. Garage and Opt.) ________SF
Total SF of Unit w/ all Options ________SF
Basement ______ Slab ______ Crawl _______
Incl. Options: __________________________________