Raleigh Urban Design Center
The Raleigh Urban Design Center is a team of urban designers and planners who envision and design solutions that create a better built environment for the City of Raleigh. By engaging and leading the people of Raleigh in deliberate, targeted design discussions, we build consensus around innovative solutions that encourage all people to be active in shaping the physical form of their community.
What we're working on
We provide in-house resources that design solutions to specific projects that have a significant impact on the quality of the public realm. We plan and build at multiple scales in collaboration with internal partners.
- Neighborhood Streetscapes
- Exchange & Market Plazas
- Avent Ferry Road Corridor
- Capital Boulevard Corridor Study
- Blount Person Corridor Study
- Six Forks Corridor Study
- New Bern Corridor Study
- Southern Gateway Corridor Study
- Cameron Village - Hillsborough Street Small Area Plans
- Jones Franklin Area Study
- Blue Ridge Road District Study
- West Morgan Area Study
- Downtown Plan (Archived Plan: Livable Streets)
- Union Station
- Streetscape Master Plan
We use design thinking and best practices research to develop policies and regulations for how the City and private development projects are conceived, designed, reviewed, and approved. We also create and support a diverse and thriving public realm.
919-996-4640 | email
One Exchange Plaza, Suite 100