Special Event Sign Permits
A permit is required for all special event signs, such as:
- Portable Signs
A business is limited to two (2), thirty (30) day permits within the lifetime of that business.
After the issuance of a special event sign permit pursuant to Part 10, Chapter 6 of the City of Raleigh Code, the following signs may be erected:
Unlighted on-premise portable signs, and three-dimensional banners, moored blimps, gas balloons and windblown signs such as pennants, spinners, flags, and streamers for special events for a total period not to exceed thirty (30) days.
Any sign placed on any curb, sidewalk, post pole, hydrant, bridge, tree, other surface located on, over, or across any public street, right-of-way will be removed.
- Download the Special Event Sign Permit Application - Please complete the general section and sign section
- Please indicate on the application the start and ending dates which the sign(s) are to be erected
- Non-property owners must obtain Landlord approval
- Include payment for permit fee
- See Development Fee Schedule for current permit fee