Board of Adjustment
The make-up meeting for the Board of Adjustment meeting canceled on May 14 is going to be held June 11 at 9 a.m. with a double agenda shared with our regular June 11 agenda items. The meeting will take place in Conference Room 305 of the Raleigh Municipal Building at 222 W. Hargett Street.
Effective March 2, 2018, please view Board of Adjustment Agendas and Minutes using the new system.
- Current Agenda
- Meets: Second Monday of each Month
- Raleigh Municipal Building
- 222 West Hargett Street
- Room 201
- Raleigh, NC 27601
For general inquiries and to participate in the next Board of Adjustment meeting, contact the Zoning Division at 919-996-2639.
The Raleigh Board of Adjustment is a quasi-judicial body which acts on appeals for variances, special exceptions and interpretations in the zoning regulations. Its decisions are final but may be subject to court action. The Board consists of eight members: four regular members and two alternate members are appointed to two-year terms by the City Council and must reside within the City limits; one regular member and one alternate are appointed by Wake County Commissioners and must reside within the City's extraterritorial jurisdiction. Established by City Code Section 24-48.
- VACANT City Alternate
- Karen M. Kemerait
- Serving: 2nd Term, 7/7/17 - 7/6/19 (Served as City Alternate 2/22/12 - 7/7/15)
- John Silverstein
- Counsel to the Board
- Judson V. Root
- Vice Chair/City
- Serving: 1st Term, 9/7/16 - 9/6/18 (Served as City Alternate 7/21/15 - 9/6/16)
- Donald Mial
- Serving: 1st Term, 9/8/15 - 4/30/17
- Neil R. Riemann
- Serving: 1st Term, 11/6/16 - 11/5/18 (Served as City Alternate 3/2/16 - 11/5/16)
- Jamie McCaskill
- Serving: 1st Term, 4/17/18 - 4/16/20 (Served as City Alternate 11/6/16 - 4/17/18)
- David Smyth
- City Alternate
- Serving: 1st Term, 11/16/16 - 11/15/18
- VACANT County Alternate