Unified Development Ordinance, 6th supplement, September, 2018

Part 10A: Unified Development Ordinance City of Raleigh, North Carolina 4 – 3 Effective Date: September 01, 2013 Supp. No. 4 Article 4.2. ​​Conservation Management (CM) | CHAPTER 4. ​SPECIAL DISTRICTS Sec. 4.2.1. General Provisions Article 4.2. Conservation Management (CM) Sec. 4.2.1. General Provisions A. Prior to the approval of any subdivision plan or site plan on a site 2 acres or greater in size, whichever occurs first, the property owner shall delineate a minimum of 30% of CM-zoned land as primary tree conservation area. B. The remaining 70% of the CM-zoned land not in a tree conservation area may either be developed pursuant to this section or part or all of the remaining 70% may, at the election of the owner, be established as primary tree conservation area. C. All CM-zoned primary tree conservation areas shall have tree cover by either preserving existing trees with a basal area of at least 30 square feet per acre as determined by increments of 50 feet in length, or if such trees are not present, shall be planted with shade trees in accordance with Sec. 9.1.10. D. Watercourse buffers under Sec. 9.2.3. must be established along all primary and secondary watercourses. Sec. 4.2.2. Open Lot CM A. Lot Dimensions A1 Area (min) n/a A2 Width (min) n/a A3 Building coverage (max) 5% B. Protective Yard B1 From primary street (min) 50' B2 From side street (min) 50' B3 From side lot line (min) 50' B4 From rear lot line (min) 50' A primary street, side street or rear lot line that adjoins any street must comply with the planting requirements for a SHOD-1 under Sec. 5.3.1.F. C. Height C1 All buildings/structures (max) 40'/3 stories D. Allowed Building Elements Porch, stoop Balcony Gallery, awning See Sec. 1.5.11. for specific building element requirements. A3 B1 Primary Street Structure Setbacks Side Street