Lower Longview Stream Bank Repair
- Stream Bank Repair
- Stormwater Management (Lead)
- WK Dickson
Posted Thursday, Feb. 15
The design plans for this stream bank repair project have been reviewed by the City's Development Services Department. Now, the environmental permitting and the construction bid process is taking place. Construction is expected to start in the spring.
The primary goal of this project is to repair 500 feet of eroded stream bank running north of New Bern Avenue at Longview Lake Drive. Repairs will include:
- Introducing plants to the stream to provide stability;
- Lowering the slopes above the normal flow line of the creek;
- Extending a stormwater pipe that goes to the creek in order to prevent erosion in the future; and
- Protecting the outlet of the stream.
|Fall 2017||Project design complete|
|Spring 2018||Project construction begins|
|Summer 2018||Project construction complete|
This project is associated with additional efforts to restore Lower Longview Lake Dam.