The City of Raleigh's Transportation Department consolidates transportation and related infrastructure. From planning transportation projects, system operation, and infrastructure maintenance, the department works to to optimize service delivery and position the City for ongoing growth. Services provided by the department include transportation planning, traffic engineering, transportation field services, parking operations, GoRaleigh transit services, and highway maintenance.
News and Events
- Want to learn and practice techniques that will help you be smart and safe on your bike? Join us for the Smart Cycling Class! Get tickets here!
- Vanpools, carpools, transit options, bicycle routes to get to work. Change your commuting habits. Explore your commute options!
- Where can I buy a GoPass?
- The public engagement period for the Wake Transit Plan will resume this spring. Beginning in late April, our regions transit agencies will hold more than 30 events where the public can see the plans and offer feedback on routes and priorities regarding the construction of Wake County's first bus rapid transit corridors and the expansion of our local bus network. Learn more!
- Are you familiar with the City's new parking app? Passport is an easier, more convenient option for drivers to pay for and keep tracking of their parking. See what Passport has to offer!
- Raleigh to Observe Memorial Day! Administrative offices will be closed.
Office of Transportation Planning
The primary goal of the City of Raleigh's Office of Transportation Planning is to create a seamless and efficient multimodal transportation system. The City's transportation plan provides an integrated, multimodal approach with a goal of providing universal accessibility for all residents, employers, and services. Transportation is more than the movement of goods and services - it is the movement of people with a variety of mode choices. It is important to us to ensure those choices and to lay the framework for a quality system that moves people safely, efficiently, and enjoyably throughout the City.Learn more about the Office of Transportation Planning
919-996-3996 | E-mail
Parking Management responsibilities include:
- The administration of the City off-street parking program under contract;
- Supervision of the on-street parking program;
- Responsible for processing requests for the placement and removal of parking signage;
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of City parking facilities; and,
- Oversee the allocation of parking space Inventory in City parking facilities.
The Transit program administers the City of Raleigh's public transportation system:
GoRaleigh has been publicly supported since 1975, when the City purchased the bus fleet from Raleigh City Coach Lines.
Raleigh's citizens have had access to public transportation since Christmas Day in 1886, when the first transit trip on the City's brand new streetcar line was taken. Buses replaced the trolley lines in 1933.
For more information, contact David Eatman
The City of Raleigh provides transportation services for people with disabilities. The GoRaleigh Access program helps ensure an outstanding quality of life for everyone in the City of Raleigh, and enables eligible persons to access public transportation.
Hearing or Speech Impaired: If your hearing or speech is impaired and you use TTY (Teletypewriter Service), please call North Carolina Relay at 800-735-2962 and request a connection to GoRaleigh Access, 919-996-3459.
919-996-4039 | Fax 919-996-7640 | email
The purpose of the Traffic Engineering Program is to ensure the safe and efficient flow of traffic through the oversight of traffic signals, traffic signs and markings, and the elimination of vision obstructions.Learn more about Traffic Engineering
Transportation Field Services
Frequently Called Numbers
|Telephone||Fax / Other|
|GoRaleigh Access Tickets||919-996-3200|
|GoRaleigh (Bus Schedules & Information)||919-485-7433
|GoRaleigh (Business Office)||919-996-3900|
|Drainage Complaints (Streets)||919-996-6446||Notify Via Email|
|Drainage Complaints (Private Property)||919-996-3940||Notify Via Email|
|Graffiti Hotline||919-996-6001||Notify Via Email|
|NC Department of Motor Vehicles||919-715-7000|
|NC Department of Transportation||919-733-2520|
|ParkLink (Parking Violations)||919-996-3996|
|Parking Deck Maintenance (S. Wilmington St)||919-865-0547
|Potholes||919-996-6446||Notify Via Email|
|Schedule a Infrastructure Engineering Inspection||919-996-6446
|Traffic Control Center||919-996-3020||919-996-7641|
|Traffic Operations - Signal Shop||919-996-6020||919-831-6765|
|Traffic Operations - Signs / Markings Shop||919-996-6608||919-831-6765|
|Trees (Traffic Hazard)||919-996-6608|