Office of the Mayor
Proclamation and Letter Requests
Request Letter and Proclamations from the Mayor.
Constituents can request a mayoral proclamation to commemorate special events. Proclamations can be issued for civic celebrations, non-profit organizations, and significant events with historical and/or unique importance to the citizens in the Raleigh area, or individuals who have made a significant contribution.
Each proclamation request should include:
- the name of the group or organization making the request,
- local events or opportunities for the public to engage in activities related to the request,
- the overall importance to the City of Raleigh or region,
- if approved, how the proclamation will be displayed, distributed or presented (by whom and to whom), and
- when the proclamation is requested.
Requests should be submitted at least 3 weeks prior to the date the proclamation is needed to allow time for processing.
For questions, please call 919-996-3050.Request Proclamation by email
Constituents can request a mayoral letter for conferences, conventions, seminars, professional celebrations, significant birthdays and/or anniversaries.
Requests should be submitted at least three weeks prior to the date the letter is needed to allow time for processing.
For questions, please call 919-996-3050.Request Letter by email