Raleigh Summer Youth Employment Hiring Continues Through March 29
Teenagers interested in summer jobs with the City of Raleigh’s Summer Youth Employment Program (RSYEP) can submit an online employment application on the City’s job website through March 29.
Applicants must also provide references, and take part in a face-to-face RSYEP job interview.
Interview sessions are held March 5-29. Applicants pick a session to attend from the dates below and drop-in. Job interviews will be conducted 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. on the following dates and locations:
- Tuesday, March 5 – Halifax Community Center
- Thursday, March 7 – Biltmore Hills Community Center
- Monday, March 11 – Robert’s Park Community Center
- Wednesday, March 13 – Lake Lynn Community Center
- Friday, March 15 – Tarboro Road Community Center
- Tuesday, March 19 – Jaycee Community Center
- Thursday, March 21 – Marsh Creek Community Center
- Monday, March 25 – Pullen Community Center
- Wednesday, March 27 – Chavis Community Center
- Friday, March 29 – Millbrook Exchange Community Center
RSYEP helps teens between the ages of 15 and 18 develop skills and prepare for future employment. Those selected will work 20 to 30 hours a week as office staff, light laborers and recreation support staff. The program runs from June 17 to August 16, and the pay is $8.25 an hour.
In addition to work experience, the program provides life skills training and mentoring by local lawyers, law enforcement officers and other professionals. Teens in the program attend workshops on topics such as employment readiness, financial literacy, communication, decision-making and conflict resolution.
To be eligible, a teen must live in the Raleigh city limits and be at least 15 and no older than 18 as of May 31, 2019.
Applicants must submit a clear photocopy of a North Carolina driver’s license, learner’s permit or State of N.C. identification card at the time of interview (copiers will not be available at the interview sites). Passports, military ID or school identification cards will not be accepted.
The Community Engagement Division of the City of Raleigh Housing and Neighborhood Department administers the Raleigh Summer Youth Program.