Lower Longview Stream Bank Repair
- Stream Restoration
- Stormwater Management (Lead)
- Brown and Caldwell, Inc.
- River Works, Inc.
Posted Tuesday, Oct. 2
Construction for this project is underway. The City is repairing the stream at Lower Longview Drive by stabilizing the area to reduce erosion and protect the stream. Planting will take place this winter after the stream has been repaired.
The primary goal of this project is to repair 500 feet of eroded stream bank running north of New Bern Avenue at Longview Lake Drive. Repairs will include:
- Introducing plants to the stream to provide stability;
- Lowering the slopes above the normal flow line of the creek;
- Extending a stormwater pipe that goes to the creek in order to prevent erosion in the future; and
- Protecting the outlet of the stream.
|Fall 2017||Project design complete|
|Spring 2018||Project construction begins|
|Winter 2019||Project construction complete|
This project is associated with additional efforts to restore Lower Longview Lake Dam.