Garbage, Recycling and Yard Waste Collection
Garbage, yard waste, and recycling are collected on the same day of the week (Tuesday through Friday). Garbage and yard waste are collected weekly while recycling is collected every other week. Your recycling schedule is either the "A" week or the "B" week. View our collection schedule below to see when your next recycling week will be.
Some holidays require changes to the City's regular curbside collection schedule. Check your service calendar or the collection schedule below to learn how the holidays may affect your service.
Remember: garbage, recycling, and yard waste should be placed at the curb by 7 a.m. on collection day. Due to the high cost of fuel and our limited staffing, it is not feasible for collection crews to return to your home after they have already serviced your street. Review these helpful tips for preparing your garbage and yard waste for collection and review these tips for curbside recycling.
Don't know your service day or recycling week?
Enter your home address to find your service day and recycling week then view your service calendar (see Downloadable Recycling Calendars below).
Find your scheduled service days.
Downloadable Service Calendars
Holiday Collection Schedules
Your normal collection day may shift due to City observed holidays. Holidays that fall on Mondays typically do not affect any schedules as all residential collection routes run Tuesday-Friday. Christmas is the only holiday that affects collection services in the Central Business District (downtown Raleigh).
Monday, Dec. 25: Christmas Day
- Routes for garbage, yard waste and recycling (B Week) will be pushed back one day this week.
- Tuesday routes will be collected on Wednesday, Dec. 27.
- Wednesday routes will be collected on Thursday, Dec. 28.
- Thursday routes will be collected on Friday, Dec. 29.
- Friday routes will be collected on Saturday, Dec. 30.
- The Yard Waste Center will be closed Dec. 25 and 26, but operate on its regular schedule the rest of the week.
- Downtown business routes will not run on Dec. 25, but will follow regular schedules the rest of the week.
Monday, Jan. 1: New Year's Day
- Curbside routes for garbage, yard waste and recycling (A Week) will follow regular schedules.
- The Yard Waste Center will be closed on Jan. 1 but will operate on its regular schedule the rest of the week.
- Downtown business routes will run as regularly scheduled.
Schedule Subject to Change
Collection schedules are subject to change due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances. To verify any last minute changes, check local media or call Solid Waste Services at 919-996-3245.
Sign up for MyRaleigh Subscriptions to receive notifications about schedule changes and follow the Solid Waste Services Department on Twitter for the most up-to-date alerts.