Traffic Alert: Wake Forest Road Detours
Sinkhole Repairs underway
The City of Raleigh will close Wake Forest Road, between Sycamore and Harding street, due to a sinkhole discovered during the Blount Street/Person Street Corridor Project. The cause of the sinkhole is a 700-foot section of wastewater line that will be replaced during this closure. Work will begin at 7 a.m., Wednesday, Oct. 9, and is estimated to be completed on Wednesday, Oct. 30.
The following is a detour around the work zone:
The northbound traffic detour is:
- Person Street;
- Take a right on New Bern Avenue;
- Take a left on Raleigh Boulevard;
- Take a left on Crabtree Boulevard;
- Take a left on Capital Boulevard;
- Take the Old Louisburg Road exit; and,
- To Atlantic Avenue or Wake Forest Road.
The southbound traffic detour is:
- Capital Boulevard;
- Take a right onto the Peace Street exit on to West Johnson Street;
- Take a right on North Harrington Street to continue to Peace Street;
- Take a right on Peace Street; and,
- To Blount Street or Person Street.
Traffic detours can be an inconvenience and the City of Raleigh thanks you for your patience during this time. Construction schedules are subject to change due to the weather and other unforeseen occurrences. Customers in this area should not experience any interruption of service.