John Chavis Memorial Park Meetings
The public is invited to the Schematic Design Review meeting on Wednesday, February 15 at the Memorial Park Community Center, 505 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd. Funding is available in the 2014 Parks Bond Program.
Proposed Phase One improvements include:
- A new community center with enlarged and improved program space;
- A central plaza to accommodate multipurpose events and year-round uses;
- A renovated original carousel building to provide community space and restroom amenities; and,
- A new and enlarged playground for youth activities.
Upcoming public review meeting dates:
- Public Meeting #2 at JCMP Community Center; Schematic Design Review - Wednesday, Feb. 15 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.;
- Public Meeting #3 at JCMP Community Center; Schematic Design Launch and Social -Wednesday, March 1, 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Parks Recreation and Greenway Advisory Board Review - Thursday, March 16 at 6 p.m. in City Council Chambers
- City Council Review and Approval - Tuesday, March 21 at 1 p.m. in City Council Chambers
For more information, contact
- Shawsheen Baker, Senior Park Planner, 919-966-4782