NCDOT to Hold Public Meeting on Nov. 16 for Upcoming Projects in the Raleigh Area
With a series of major highway projects scheduled to start construction within the next few years in the Raleigh area, the N.C Department of Transportation has scheduled an open-house public meeting for Thursday, Nov. 16, to provide updates on several projects.
NCDOT representatives will be available to answer questions and the opportunity to submit written comments and questions about the following projects will be provided:
- I-40 widening between I-440/U.S. 64 (exit 301) and N.C. 42 (exit 312) in Johnston County
- I-440 interchange improvements at Wake Forest Road
- I-440 new interchange at Ridge Road
- I-440 widening between south of Walnut Street in Cary and north of Wade Avenue in Raleigh,
- U.S. 1 converting to a freeway between I-540 and north of Durant Road,
- U.S. 70 converting to a freeway between west of T.W. Alexander Drive and I-540,
- N.C. 54 (Hillsborough Street) and Blue Ridge Road intersection improvements,
- N.C. 540 (Triangle Expressway) expanding with freeway on new location in southern and southeast Wake County
- Falls of Neuse Road widening between I-540 and Durant Road.
Representatives of the City of Raleigh, Wake County and GoTriangle will be available to answer questions on city projects, the Wake Transit Plan and other area plans and projects.
The meeting will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. at the N.C. State McKimmon Center, 1101 Gorman Street in Raleigh (adjacent to the intersection with Western Boulevard). There will not be a formal presentation so area residents can attend at any time.
For additional information on the meeting, contact NCDOT Senior Public Involvement Officer Diane Wilson at email@example.com or 919-707-6073, or via email. NCDOT will provide auxiliary aids and services under the Americans with Disabilities Act for disabled persons who want to participate in this workshop. Anyone requiring special services should contact Ms. Wilson as soon as possible so that arrangements can be made.
NC DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
Customer Service: 1-877-368-4968
For persons who speak Spanish and have a limited ability to read, speak or understand English, interpretive services will be available at the meeting upon request. For more information, please call 1-800-481-6494 prior to the meeting.