New GoRaleigh Bus Routes in Effect Jan. 6
Southeast and Northwest Service Changes
REMINDER TO GORALEIGH RIDERS:
New bus routes and service changes go into effect Sunday, Jan. 6, 2019, for southeast and northwest Raleigh areas. Online schedules of the new changes can be found at goraleigh.org.
Upon the start of the new services, staff will be at GoRaleigh Station and other bus stops to help riders navigate the new routes.
The extended bus services are a result of the Wake Transit Plan. For further questions, customers should call the regional customer service center at 919-485-RIDE (7433).
- Route 17 - NEW! From Downtown, the route serves Rock Quarry Road to Shoppes at Battle Bridge, with service to Walnut Creek Elementary, Southeast Raleigh High School, and Farmington Square
- Route 18 - Adds hourly service to Peyton Street, Glenbrook Drive, Beverly Drive, Barwell Road, Rock Quarry Road (ending at Shoppes at Battle Bridge Road)
- Route 18S (peak service only) – NEW! Serves Downtown Raleigh, Peyton Street, Glenbrook Drive, Beverly Drive, Poole Road/Bus Way
- Route 19 - Now with 15-minute service all day on Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard and Sunnybrook Road. This route no longer serves Glenbrook Drive, Belmont Drive, Peyton Street, Grantland Drive, and Lunar Drive
- Route 4 - No longer serves Edwards Mill Road, Crabtree Valley Mall, Creedmoor Rd or Strickland Road. Those destinations are now covered by Route 26 and Route 36
- Route 16 - Route now ends at Crabtree Valley Mall. Service from Blue Ridge Road to Rex Hospital is covered by Route 27
- Route 26 – NEW! Now serving Crabtree Valley Mall, Edwards Mill Road, Chapel Hill Road, Nowell Road, PNC Arena, Trinity Road
- Route 27 – NEW! Now serving Crabtree Valley Mall, Rex Hospital, Blue Ridge Road, North Carolina Museum of Art, North Carolina State Fairgrounds, Hillsborough Street, Western Boulevard
- Route 36 – NEW! Now serving Towne North Shopping Center, Creedmoor Road, Crabtree Valley Mall
GoRaleigh staff recntly hosted two pop-up information sessions:
- Thursday, Jan. 3, 3:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the GoRaleigh Station
- Friday, Jan. 4, 3:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. at Crabtree Valley Mall
GoRaleigh provides bus service throughout the City of Raleigh. Routes, schedules and other information can be found online or on social media through Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat @GoRaleighNC.