GoRaleigh Offers Shuttles to North Carolina State Fair Oct. 12-22
- Photo Courtesy of Lisa Lauck - "State Fair at Night"
The North Carolina State Fair is coming up, so do yourself a favor and avoid the traffic hassles. Catch GoRaleigh’s State Fair shuttle and get dropped off at Gate 1 at the fair. Talk about convenience!!
GoRaleigh will offer daily, non-stop shuttle service from three park-and-ride locations during the Fair: Cary Towne Center, Triangle Town Center in north Raleigh and a new location at *Garner’s White Oak Crossing.
All shuttle passengers will be dropped off and picked up at Gate 1 at the fairgrounds. The shuttle’s round trip fare is $5, cash only. One-way fare is $4. Children under 40 inches tall ride free with a paying adult. A reduced roundtrip fare of $2.50 will be available for people 65 and over and for passengers with disabilities.
Shuttle tickets can be bought at the park-and-ride locations from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m. Exact change is required when paying on the bus (if the ticket booth is closed). Also, shuttle passes can be purchased at GoRaleigh’s Transit Operations Facility at 4104 Poole Road, just east of Interstate 440, or at the GoRaleigh Station information booth Downtown.
GoPasses and prepaid GoRaleigh passes are not valid on State Fair shuttle routes.
Here are the three State Fair shuttle routes:
- North Raleigh, Triangle Town Center, 5959 Triangle Town Boulevard (near Dillard’s parking lot). This is a non-stop express shuttle from a park-and-ride location. To get to the parking lot, take I-540 to Exit 17 for Triangle Town Boulevard and then follow the green State Fair park-and-ride signs to the parking lot near Dillard’s. This shuttle will run approximately every 30 minutes from 8:30 a.m. to midnight daily during the fair.
- Cary Towne Center, 1105 Walnut St., Cary (back of the mall, near aquatic center). This is also a non-stop express shuttle from a park-and-ride location at Cary Towne Center Shopping Mall. To get to the mall, take Exit 291 (Cary Towne Boulevard) from I-40. Follow the green State Fair park-and-ride signs. This shuttle will run approximately every 30 minutes from 8:30 a.m. to midnight daily during the fair.
- Garner White Oak Crossing, 1205 Timber Drive East (near movie theater). This shuttle runs *Friday through Sunday only. It is also a non-stop express shuttle from a park-and-ride location at Garner’s White Oak Crossing. To get there from I-40, take Exit 306 approaching from the west or Exit 306A approaching from the east. Follow the green State Fair park-and-ride signs. Parking will be near the movie theater. This shuttle will run starting at 2 p.m. on Fridays, all day Saturdays and all day Sundays approximately every 30 minutes from 8:30 a.m. to midnight during the fair.
GoRaleigh provides bus service throughout the City of Raleigh.
For more information about the State Fair shuttle service, call 919-996-FAIR (3247) or visit the State Fair Park and Ride Shuttle Service page.
For more information, contact
- Kelly Wright, Transit Marketing Specialist, 919-996-4042