Borden Building and Fred Fletcher Amphitheater
Historic Resources and Museum Program
The Borden Building and Fred Fletcher Amphitheater are located in Fred Fletcher Park. The building and the amphitheater can be rented for weddings, parties, small conferences, bridal portraits, meetings, and other special events.
Site Features & Hours
The Borden Building is a non-staffed facility. If you are interested in renting the Borden Building or the Amphitheater and would like a tour of the facility please contact the Rental Manager at 919-996-4363.
- Indoor and outdoor rental space
- Camp in the summer
- Downstairs is handicap accessible
- Volunteer opportunities
- On site parking
The Borden Building and Fletcher Amphitheater do not offer an informal reservation system. The facilities are booked on a first come first serve basis.
The Borden Building and Amphitheater are available to rent everyday 10am-11pm excluding holidays.
Borden Venue Details
The Borden Building has various spaces inside and out. The downstairs can accommodate up to 100 people, and the upstairs 50 people. The house is large enough for a seated event of 102 people. The grounds on the east side of the building can be tented and accommodate up to 100 people, or 80 people seated. The maximum capacity for any event is 150 people. Amplified music, alcohol (beer & wine only), and dancing are allowed with some restrictions. The house also features a bride's room and groom's room upstairs. The Stone Circle to the west of the house is included in rentals of the Borden Building.
- $100/hour with a minimum of four consecutive hours
- $150/hour non-resident fee with a minimum of four consecutive hours
- $250 security/damage deposit (refundable)
- $80 cleaning fee
- $15 processing fee (non-refundable)
- $50 alcohol permit fee (non-refundable)
- $20/hr set up fee. This fee only applies the day before the rental. No food, drink, music, or dancing are allowed during set up time.
Fletcher Amphitheater Venue Details
Fred Fletcher Amphitheater can accommodate 300 people. A portion of the space can be tented and there is access to electricity. No alcohol is allowed in the amphitheater. Rental of the amphitheater is separate from rental of the Borden Building.
- $50/hour with a minimum of four consecutive hours
- $100 security/damage Deposit (refundable)
- $15 processing fee (non-refundable)
Events & Exhibits
Spring Has Sprung
Saturday, March 16, 2 to 4 p.m.
Please join us in celebrating the start of Spring with a focus on a more eco-friendly 2019! Enjoy interactive displays and hands-on activities, featuring a recycling art activity with Anna Podris and Keith Norval, coffee and zero waste practices from Larry's Beans, tips from Master Gardeners, beekeeping, pollination, native plants, home gardening, efficiency, vermicomposting, local resources, and more. This event is free and all ages are welcome!
As a member you will help revitalize and preserve North Carolina's history. You will also enjoy cross program perks at the City of Raleigh Museum, The Raleigh Trolley, Mordecai Historic Park, Borden, Tucker, and Pope House Museum.
There are many perks:
- Free admission to select site and museum events
- Free admission for select tours
- Free admission to select lectures
- Free admission to Mordecai Historic Park
- Free admission to City of Raleigh Museum
- 10 percent gift shop discount at Mordecai and City Museum
- 10 percent discount on all site rentals
- The Raleigh Register Program Newsletter
The collection at the Borden Building consists of antiques purchased by the Parks, Recreation and Cultural Resources Department when the structure underwent renovation in 1992, and other pieces donated to the site over the years. Some portraits and photos hanging at Borden feature Fred Fletcher for whom the home was named and children who grew up at the Methodist Home for Children.